Our famous writer Mr. Sane Guruji’s thoughts inspired the establishment of Antarbharti for primary school in Kolhapur on January 1, 1966.
Initially the strength of the school was only 12 but today there are about 500 students studying here. Some supporting pillars who were the helping hands for the school are Mr. Shyam Patvardhan, Dr. G. Shree Miraje, Mr. Mohanrao Latkar and Chandrakant Patgaonkar.
Soon the school also incorporated a special division for the disable students in the year 2004. To train these students specially trained teachers were appointed.
There are many co-curricular activities run in the school:
- Drawing, craft
- Handwriting, rangoli
- Annual day programme, prize distribution
- Anniversaries of great leaders.
- PTM and SMC committee
- Seminars for the teachers
Facilities provided at the school :
- A well trained staff that helps shaping the young minds.
- Classrooms that are rich in educational equipments.
- A good environment for learning.
- The school also has a well maintained computer room, library with a variety of books and required sports equipments and materials.